EXPECTATIONS YOUR FIRST SESSION
BEFORE THE SESSION
- I understand turning up to your first outdoor Bootcamp session can be quite daunting to start off with, however you’ll be warmly greeted by myself and my instructors, and we will introduce you to some of our members before starting.
- You’ll be required to fill out a paper Par-Q form before the session, so attending 10-15 minutes before hand is ideal. During this you’ll be asked what you’re expecting to achieve from Bootcamp, what your fitness goals are and if you have any injuries we should be made aware of.
DURING THE SESSION
- We always start our sessions with a group run in order to warm up. This is at your own pace – it really doesn’t matter if you’re the fastest or the slowest as we never leave anyone behind!
- We then move onto cardio, strength, resistance and team working activities. You will be using a wide variety of equipment, from kettlebells and jerry cans to dumbbells and boxing gloves. Never a dull moment!
- Finally, we spend the last 10 minutes cooling down.
AFTER THE SESSION
- Make sure that you drink plenty of water to rehydrate yourself.
- Chat with your instructor or your team mates about your goals and progress.
- Smile – you just completed a workout and should be feeling great!
You will be using a wide variety of equipment to ensure that every session is different and you never get bored:
- Boxing kit
- Jerry Cans
- Resistance bands
- Slam balls
- Team games
Sessions are differentiated according to your own personal ability. For example, the fitter members will be given more reps or a heavier weight while the less able will be given less reps and a lighter weight. Therefore, we welcome anyone at any level of fitness!
Some of the exercises you may encounter:
- Circuit training
- High-intensity interval training
- Monthly fitness test (1st Monday of each month)
- Resistance exercises with a partner
- Team games
- Team relays